Monday, March 12, 2007

Political correctness is intolerance.

(From my "George Carlin Uncensored" daily calendar. Ironically, perhaps the first day without the word "fuck." Preach on, brother.)

Political correctness is America's newest form of intolerance, and it is especially pernicious because it comes disguised as tolerance. It presents itself as fairness, yet attempts to restrict and control people's language with strict codes and rigid rules. I'm not sure that's the way to fight discrimination. I'm not sure silencing people or forcing them to alter their speech is the best method for solving problems that go much deeper than speech.

6 comments:

Mkae said...

OMG. Shocho and I agree on something! The paradigm is shifting! Aaaah!

Actually, most of my radio career I was decrying PC bullshit.

Shocho said...

You look SO smart when you agree with me.

TheGirard said...

pernicious twice in the span of a week?

preposterous

Allen G said...

"You look SO smart when you agree with me."

That really needs to be on a T-shirt.

Mkae said...

I would like to point out that from my point of view, most of the PC garbage comes from your side of the aisle, Shocho. Can we say "ACLU"?

Sorry. Just had to.

Shocho said...

You don't look so smart any more.