Monday, January 16, 2006

Rule #7.

From how to blog by Tony Pierce:

7. have an email address clearly displayed on your blog. sometimes people want to tell you that you rock in private.
Well, I agree that's a good idea. I've never really done that. I've added an email address to my user profile blurb, visible at the upper right.

It's curious how me and my blogging protégés all refer to one another by our superhero codenames. They're like secret identities, protecting our families and loved ones from evil overlords who might use such information to wreak havoc.

At any rate, it is possible to email me from my blog if you do some looking around. I'm not totally in support of Rule #7, but I have facilitated its possible usefulness. Or some such bullshit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in favour of a mailbox for your blog. Comment boxes attract random idiots, kids with filthy mouth, spammers and pathetic morons. It takes only a few secs to type a comment. It is a lot more personal and human to own up your identity (regardless of the fact that it is your Blogger superhero-self) and write a normal letter.I have experienced that no comment box and the presence of a mail address attracts mostly those people who really considered what they wanted to say. And who needs useless crap?