Thursday, February 24, 2005

What exactly is a "tsunami celica skirt"?

The website stats I can access tell me what keywords readers use to view my site. I added a few things to my metatags based on the most popular Lycos searches. The only one of those that got a hit was "Lindsey Lohan." This is why you can click a link on a Google search and can't find that word anywhere on the page. It's hidden in the metatags, just to pad the hit count.

Other keywords that have been used are "tsuonami" (I spelled it wrong on purpose, but I bet they didn't), "tsunami celica skirt" (I still can't figure that one out) and my personal favorite: "hell, i shit in a" (from my review of America: The Book.)

The number one keyword used to reach my site is "scopophiliac" (meaning voyeur or peeping tom), with nearly 20% of all keyword searches to date (when you have a small website, you quote everything in percentages). It's from an article I linked to about children's television shows, of all things. You never know what people are going to like.

I also have in those stats proof that some people still use Windows 98, Internet Explorer 5, 16 bit color, and 800 x 600 screens. C'mon guys, it's the 21st century now.

No comments: