Sunday, February 20, 2005

Need something from the grocery store, honey?


Starbucks Farm Fresh
Originally uploaded by Shocho.
They're putting a Starbucks in my grocery store. From the looks of this construction, I have room for a Starbucks in my garage. I am tempted to inquire. This space in the Farm Fresh used to be the international foods department, which was the only place I knew to buy banana leaves. They're part of Robert Rodriguez' recipe for Puerco Pibil, as described on the DVD for Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Of course, if you make it really well, Johnny Depp will kill you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Starbucks is ruining us all, I tell you!
The small coffe place in McA mall that was on the first floor is now gone and I'm sure it was because of the TWO Starbucks in the mall.
The other day a lady driving by me as I walked down the street rolled down her window and asked me if I knew where a Starbucks was. I laughed at her.
Lewis Black has a great comedy bit about seeing the end of the world. He walks out of a Starbucks and across the street from him - exactly accross the street - is ANOTHER Starbucks!!! [you so have to do the Lewis Black voice in your head when you read that]
I think Starbucks is trying to take over the world - I wonder if we can link any disasters or assassinations to Starbucks.

I'm going to put on my tin foil hat now. And then write quotes that I hope get published on Starbucks cups ... http://www.starbucks.com/retail/thewayiseeit_default.asp

Course, I may have to worry about those cups http://www.starbuckscoffee.co.uk/home.html

Brad

Shocho said...

I love Starbucks. The place upstairs at the mall doesn't count, because it's not a real Starbucks. The second floor one is fine (although not the best Starbucks ever). I never like Mocha Jacks. Sorry. It is kind of sad that it's just a big empty space now.

I love the Lewis Black thing! Somewhere there is a picture of that intersection of streets, and they say they're not quite across the street from each other, but close.

The thing about the cups was cool. Starbucks should market those cups, and charge $2.00 extra (like an extra shot).

Shocho said...

That Pam and Tommy, always one step ahead of Chuck and Cheryl. Sounds cool! I wish they'd invite us over...