Saturday, December 25, 2004

America (The Book): My Review.

Did I read it all? Nah. The chapters about Congress and the Judicial Branch were as boring as their subjects, so there was some noticable skimmage. It walks the line between comedy and tragedy as in, "Ha ha, oh fuck, that's so true, sob sob." I was unimpressed with the parts shown by the Supreme Court which got the book banned from Wal-Mart.

Favorite quote: "Hell, I shit in a bucket an I was the president." -Thomas "T.J." Jefferson, page xi
Favorite caption: "New Zealand boasts a remarkable 50 sheep for every Orc." -page 189
Favorite footnote: "For an example of satire, re-read this sentence." -page 158
Most favorite part: The paper used seems like authentic textbook paper, since it's cheap and sticks to your fingers.
Most least favorite part: Am I supposed to tear out the poster sized insert between pages 164 and 165? I'm certain this is some kind of test, and I don't know how I'm supposed to answer. And the Canadian stuff from that waifish woman, although her politeness could not be discounted.

No comments: