Sunday, November 18, 2007

This is my helmet.

There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My helmet is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My helmet without me is useless. Without my helmet, I am useless.

This is the new helmet for British pilots of the F-35 "joint strike fighter" (some kind of war on drugs thing, I imagine). The F-35 looks a heck of a lot like an F-22.

Supposedly there is no heads-up display, as all info is projected inside the helmet somehow or other. A very practical British fellow had this to add:

"It cannot be stressed how important this sort of evaluation is to the Joint Strike Fighter Programme. The helmet is a critical piece of equipment and simply has to work."
Makes a damned fine Halloween costume, I'd say. Pretty scary stuff.

1 comment:

Bpaul said...

Yikes