Friday, September 28, 2007

Why I am a Sad Panda.

From the irrepressible Bernie Miklasz on why the Rams suck:

The Rams have attempted 109 passes so far, and 22 have been caught behind the line of scrimmage. Another 51 have traveled 10 yards or less. That means 67 percent of the Rams' passes so far have been dinks. If you're petrified of throwing the ball downfield, then why have so many expensive wide receivers? Why sign Drew Bennett and tight end Randy McMichael? If Bulger's ribs prevent him from making longer passes, then play Gus Frerotte. That's why you gave him a three-year, $6.3 million deal.
I haven't even watched a game on TV and I can corroborate this evaluation. Yes, even the endorsement of Frerotte, and I never thought I'd say that.

I watch the game play by play on internet hookups, and I am disgusted by (a) play calling in general and (b) the inability to manage a game (how to get ahead, how to stay ahead, how to manage the clock). I loved "Mad" Mike Martz. I wish he was still there.

No comments: