Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Parking Garage.

I just watched this episode of Seinfeld again. It's a classic. Did you know it was filmed on the same sound stage they always used? They struck the two permanent sets, Jerry's apartment and Monk's Restaurant, to build the garage. They used mirrors and other tricks to simulate an endless garage.

At Denver International Airport, there are two satellite parking lots used when the terminal lots are full. Shuttles take you back and forth. When we returned from Florida (we left in a big hurry), I had absolutely no idea where the car was. We walked from one end of the lot to the other, looking for my nondescript silver mid-sized car.

I had literally given up trying to figure out where the car was. I was going up and down all the rows, hundreds and hundreds of cars, without much hope. After about 30 or 45 minutes of this, we walked by a stopped shuttle.

The driver was standing outside, and she said, "Can I help you folks?" LWC said, "Oh, we've lost our car." At that very second, I said, "No, here it is." And there it was, right next to me, when she asked if we needed help. At that very second. Very strange.

Anyway, that episode brought back a real hopeless feeling for me, now having been in the same situation. No dead fish, though.

1 comment:

Stingite said...

I love that episode. :-) I love Seinfield in general, but yeah . . . that's a great episode. I never knew that was done in a studio though. WILD.