Sunday, July 30, 2006

Boondock Saints rocks.

Tee, Who Has No Blog, recommended to me this gem of a crime flick from Canada and I loved it. First he recommended Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, which I thought was okay. But Saints was terrific, with great performances from Willem Dafoe (natch) and Sean Patrick Flannery. I also loved Billy Connolly, as always.

It's a violent movie, but not a typical action flick since there are no car chases or explosions. It's about vigilante justice, and I get the same vibe that I get when Jack Bauer fucks somebody up. Which is to say, I hope there are guys on the Side of Good that are willing to do anything to get justice. Cause it's for damned sure that the guys on the Side of Evil don't play by the rules.

3 comments:

DEATH_BY_MONKEYS said...

Jack rules.

Anonymous said...

Hah! I recommended that movie to you on Livejournal over 3 years ago!

Shocho said...

Wow! Maybe I should listen to you guys more often...