Sunday, October 23, 2005

Dance of the Laptops.

We saw this on Buffy and Angel. Producer of show wants another laptop for his daughter, so when script calls for prop, show buys another 17-inch Macintosh PowerBook. Unfortunately, legal dudes report that the show can't afford to pay for the product endorsement, so put a post-it over that big illuminated fruit.

Now it's happening on Veronica Mars, My Favorite Television Show. In one scene, a character pulls her friend's laptop out of her oversized bag... Hey, look! Another 17-inch PowerBook. It's handed to the other character upside down, so the fruit light can't be seen.

My favorite twist on the whole issue is that sometimes on Veronica Mars, My Favorite Television Show, when the laptop is open, they obscure the Apple logo with... a bowl of apples.

The cleverness never stops.

"My day is complete. Veronica Mars has accused me of evil." (Twist imaginary mustache.)

3 comments:

Tom said...

Veronica must not want to use the headphones on WoW either.

mopjnwl

Shocho said...

Hey, I'm not sure about that. I'm going to look into it.

Mkae said...

I don't know if this is related or not, but Smallville has gone from Apple notebooks to Dell.


xarcxpze