Monday, August 22, 2005

Here comes the meme. I'm it!

One of the things you can do to increase site traffic is to participate in memes. I got tagged by Squarepants, so to prove I'm blogger enough to handle the challenge, here goes:

10 years ago today: August 22, 1995
Still in St. Louis, at my dead-end typographer job, trying to get some freelance game design work. It's two years before That Company invites me to join them.

5 years ago today: August 22, 2000
Glory Time begins for the Dream Team at That Company. We're getting rid of Star Wars and dreaming of Lord of the Rings.

1 year ago today: August 22, 2004
Gen Con time, and I'm feeling good about my job security in my Dream Job as Game Designer. I can't read the writing on the wall, which others are reading right now.

yesterday: August 21, 2005
Sports-filled day (GP2 race, F1 race, IRL race, Rams preseason game) spent with the Lischkes, who were hiding out from house hunters. We'll be missing them a heck of a lot pretty soon. Good luck to all you folks who have "moved on!" We envy you.

tomorrow: August 23, 2005
It's the Tuesday server reset in Azeroth, and I'll find out how much my 100 HKs in Tarren Mill this weekend affected my rank. Maybe I'll find a new job???

5 snacks I enjoy
Twizzlers, Chips Ahoy, Junior Mints, ice cream, Triple Venti Mocha from Fourbucks.

5 bands that I know most of their lyrics
Beatles, Cracker, The Doors, Yes, Procol Harum. I am a Baby Boomer, after all.

5 things I'd do with a million $$
Ferrari F430, a house on the beach, a mammoth computer/gaming system, a theater-like home theater, some trips overseas.

5 places I'd run away to
St. Louis, Ireland, Barsoom, Lothlorien, Italy. Not necessarily in that order.

5 bad habits I have
Interrupting, telling the same damned stories over and over, slouching, eating too fast, forgetting to tell everyone who reads my blog how much I love them. Man, that was sappy.

5 things I like doing
Playing World of Warcraft with LWC, driving, talking to my son, blogging, watching movies.

5 things I wouldn't wear
Pink, scarves, boxers, green, wifebeaters.

5 TV shows I love
Firefly, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Veronica Mars, The Simpsons.

5 movies I love
Sunset Blvd., American Beauty, Catch-22, The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction.

5 famous people I'd like to meet
John F. Kennedy, Lestat, Robert Rodriguez, Veronica Mars, Neil Gaiman (again)

5 biggest joys at the moment
Aren't some of these questions a little redundant? Baseball, football, formula 1, World of Warcraft, LWC. Definitely not in that order.

5 favorite toys
Hot Wheels C6 Corvette, Ferrari Pez dispenser, blog, plasma TV, iPod.

5 people to tag
don't be punks!
Mkae
Tom
Kathy
Marcus
Knetik

3 comments:

erika said...

consider it propagated! you are not a punk.

Mkae said...

Ack! Number one tag! Ok, now I have some homework to do.

thisismarcus said...

Such responsibility... I won't punk out!