Sunday, November 25, 2007

Aren't they cute together?

An interview with Heroes stars Hayden Panettiere and Kristen Bell seems a bit fake to me. (Could be some spoilers here, if you're worried, destroy your computer immediately with a sledgehammer. Just to be sure.)

I used to typeset Tiger Beat magazine, and they would take interviews and install facts in awkward places, like "Madonna, who hails originally from Michigan and is 5-foot-3, released a new album..."

You start reading this thing and you think, "Oh isn't that nice. These two young actresses know each other." But then it just gets smarmy and suspiciously sweet. I dunno, but it seems unlikely to me that this kind of patter just comes out of somebody's mouth unbidden.

I know that all the guys reading this interview are thinking "Me sandwich on tiny blonde bread," but I offer it up nonetheless.

The way I quote myself works is not entirely understood.

3 comments:

Mkae said...

Sounds as phony as shoe-horning Bell into the show in the first place. What a wholly irritating character. Too bad HRG isn't a better shot.

Up until her, the "stunt casting" was pretty good (love Takei, Nichols was harmless) but Bell is just annoying.

Shocho said...

I think Kristen has been delectable! Maybe I just like her too much. Or I miss VM. Or both. Who doesn't like Lightning Lass?

Jason said...

I never watched VM, and I still think she's delectable.