Friday, March 02, 2007

My top 5 favorite movie villains.

Tom started it. Cool idea!

I'm following Juz's idea of posting villains that haven't been posted before. (A nasty idea that shouldn't be added to future memes.) So yes, I admit that those two guys picked some really good ones.

I found looking through my Top 100 Movie List that I like a lot of unusual movies. Many of them don't even have a villain (like American Beauty). Either that, or everybody in the movie is a bad guy already (like Pulp Fiction). Here we go.

5. Yubaba - Spirited Away (voiced by Suzanne Pleshette). Man, she was creepy. I had to put the pic up here. Still gives me shivers.

4. Hal - 2001: A Space Odyssey (voiced by Claude Rains). One cold-blooded bastard. Sure, he was only following his programming, but a heartless murderer nonetheless. This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

3. Norman Bates - Psycho (Anthony Perkins). Two villains for the price of one! I was young when I first saw this movie, and it gave me nightmares for days and days. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..."

2. Bill - Kill Bill (David Carradine). Cool guy, and one cold-blooded motherfucker. Only the five point palm-exploding heart technique could stop him. I'm a killer. A murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.

1. Norma Desmond - Sunset Blvd. (Gloria Swanson). My favorite movie! A crime drama, horror story and completely over-the-top performance. I get chills every time I think about Norma looking at the camera and saying: Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark! Oooh.

No comments: