Monday, February 19, 2007

Finally, American cars at the Daytona 500.

No longer do we have the Chevys, Dodges, and Fords made in Canada and Mexico in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series. Now, we have cars made right here in the good ol' USA. In Kentucky, in fact. That would be the new-to-NASCAR-this-year Toyota Camrys.

I tried to watch the Daytona 500. I find NASCAR boring. I have to give them props for some funny commercials, featuring their own drivers. 500-mile races are always boring. Next time, I swear I'm tuning in for the last 50 laps. I have to admit that the guy that finished upside down sliding across the finish line on fire was entertaining.

I have an issue with calling this race the "Super Bowl" of NASCAR. At the Super Bowl every year, a new NFL champion is crowned. At the Daytona 500 each year, it's the start of the season and nowhere near deciding who wins the championship.

Oh well... Formula 1 is coming soon. Thank goodness.

No comments: