Saturday, September 30, 2006

I hate the tomahawk chop.

But last night, the Braves were allies of the Cards in beating the Astros. Wish I'd been in St. Louis for this.

When the Busch Stadium organist began playing the "Tomahawk Chop" ditty Friday night, the St. Louis Cardinals knew it was good news: The Houston Astros had finally lost.

Fans were doing the tomahawk chop while keeping track of the two games, although manager Tony La Russa said he wasn't aware that the Astros had lost until he heard the familiar chords.

"I thought that was really a good touch. Very smart," La Russa said. "And our fans enjoyed it."

3 comments:

Kindralas said...

Yeah, I saw that, and I was like "dad would love this." :P

Rhonda Sloan said...

I hate the Tomahawk chop too, but that's because I live in Houston. In 2004, my husband and I went to Atlanta for the post-season series against the Braves. A lady sitting behind me actually Tomahawked ME. Oooh...she was very close to eating a foam Tomahawk. :)

Shocho said...

Ow! That was completely uncalled for. I hope you didn't spill your beer.