Saturday, August 12, 2006

Quick hits.

I don't often do this (I can't remember ever doing this), but here's a few interesting links that I can't make fat enough to be their own blog entry.

The font Helvetica is getting its own movie. It's a documentary, of course. In my opinion, this typeface is the best ever and worthy of many kinds of celebration.

You can buy a Levitating Hover Scooter from Hammacher Schlemmer. It has "gravity-defying" abilities, much like when I raise my hand. Do you sometimes wonder if these things even exist? With a price tag of almost $17,000, not many will know for sure.

El Edwards is the guy whose voice you hear when AOL tells you "You've Got Mail!" He has a website, and he will record a special message just for you. "You've Got Mail, Shithead!" Kudos to El for finding a way to make money on the Intra Nets.

Finally we have Goggles, the Google maps flight sim. Fly your little cartoon plane over maps of real places. This sounded pretty cool until I tried it, and then it wasn't. Of course, now you probably won't even click the link.

1 comment:

TheGirard said...

my plane crashed into the empire state building...