Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Computer woes.

I'm having serious computer problems. I'll be erasing my hard disk and reinstalling everything today. Of course, I don't have a decent backup, but I'm trying to save all the mission critical stuff I can. I'm sure I'll forget some things. Anyway, if you're trying to contact me with email, I might miss some in the transition. Cross your fingers for me, and I'll see you on the other side.

UPDATE: Things seem to be working okay. Next on the agenda, make a real backup now before something else bad happens.

8 comments:

Major Rakal said...

Glad to hear it's working. Did you upgrade to 10.4 or still running 10.3.x?

Shocho said...

Lather, rinse, repeat, which means I've still got 10.3.9. I used 10.4 for a couple months, and I really didn't see anything about it that impressed me. Burn Folder is way cool, but widgets do not thrill me.

Jason said...

Yep, it took 2 HD meltdowns for me before I started backing things up.

TheGirard said...

learn2PC imo

Mkae said...

Must...not...make...obvious...PC...recomendation.

Can't...fight it. Illogical...illogical.

Shocho said...

This is the first serious crash I've had on this machine. Ever. I have only seen one kernel panic in four years ("blue screen of death") and that was Monday. I'm still quite happy with my Mac, thank you very much.

Major Rakal said...

You tell'em, Shocho. My TiBook needs a combo drive, a bigger hard drive, and more RAM, but I still love it.

Kathy said...

Apple's not all that nice all the time.