Thursday, March 09, 2006

DRX5 FTW.

I am the proud owner of a DRX5 Mr. Coffee 4-cup Switch Coffemaker. It makes me 2 cups of coffee at a time, because a "cup" of coffee = 5 ounces, and everybody has cups bigger than that now. I'm not sure what "switch" means, probably it used to own a Windows machine, or some Transamerica kind of thing.

My old coffeemaker was a Black & Decker Cup-at-a-Time that my Mom had. It only made one cup at a time (duh) and I could only use certain cups with it since it had no carafe and brewed right into the cup. Now I can use any cup I like, even my Domo-Kun cup. Joy!

In Bellevue, I had a standard 12-cup coffeemaker, and could never figure out how to make just 2 cups of coffee with it, so I wasted coffee every day. The DRX5 is perfect for my needs, since LWC is not a coffee drinker.

It's black and silver, which goes with the other appliances in our kitchen. I was swayed to purchase when I noticed the supercool DRX5 nomenclature, which sounds like a Mazda sports car.

Those of you who have the Mr. Coffee Iced Tea maker, you can find replacement pitchers here. No, Mr. Coffee didn't pay me for this post, but I bet it shows up in the Google ads.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Mmmm, coffee is good ...

Anonymous said...

But can it be adapted into Mr. Fusion?