Friday, March 04, 2005

This is what my acid trip looked like.

A textbook LSD experience involves sensitivity to a single color. When I say "textbook," I mean "1970s vintage 8th grade health class" textbook. It was difficult for me to explain what my trip looked like until a 7up commercial back then showed everything in black and white except for a few objects. This kind of thing is more common these days. Anyway, for me, everything was black and white except for yellow things. I put on my yellow shirt and got a yellow plastic cup and put a yellow pen in it. These shots are pretty good depictions.

When I was in New York in Midtown a few years ago, I spent about an hour at a Starbucks looking out the window. Everything was devoid of color, blacks and grays and browns, the people's clothing, the signs, the cars, except for the yellow cabs. Just like my trip.

I only did this LSD thing once, and I don't have a drug problem. Never have.

No comments: