Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The 100 greatest jokes of all time.

Not my list, but the list from GQ magazine. Some of them are classics (jokes you've heard so much you know they're funny, but you just don't laugh at them like you used to). My favorites were 1, 11, 12, and 53, which sounds a lot like number 44.

Once upon a time, I went to a friend's house for a party. He had a video camera set up at the front door, and you had to tell your favorite joke before you came inside. Later, after everyone had arrived, he played the video tape and I recall that it was pretty funny. I think the joke I told was not too bad, but I can't remember what it was. Right this moment, if somebody held a gun to my head and ordered me to tell a joke, I couldn't think of one. I used to have one ready for that kind of occasion, but I can't remember what it was. I'm sure it was funny, though.

No comments: